Ideal and the insurance industry have a solid track record of respecting your right to privacy and safeguarding your personal information. As a result of federal legislation, we’ve further strengthened our privacy commitment by informing you of why and how we collect, use and disclose your personal information. You can be assured that we will only handle your personal information in a manner that a reasonable person would consider appropriate in the circumstances.
Why do we collect personal information?
When you first become a client or whenever you acquire or renew a product from us, we need to collect some of your personal information. Common purposes for which we collect personal information include:
- Enabling us to acquire or renew an insurance policy for you
- Analyzing and assessing your risks and exposures
- Ensuring your information is accurate and up-to-date
- Determining and facilitating your payment of premiums and fees
- Detecting and preventing fraud or other illegal activities
What personal information do we collect?
Personal information is information that identifies you as an individual client and relates specifically to you and your business. Depending on the purpose for which we need to collect it, we may ask for the following personal information about you including:
We may obtain this information from you, insurance companies, other insurance brokers or agents, credit organizations, motor vehicle & driver licensing authorities, financial institutions and medical professionals.
- Basic information such as your name, address, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail address, birth date, and marital status
- Claims history
- Driving records
- Credit and past payment records
- Details about your property such as the value of your home and its contents
- Medical information such as any condition that may affect the operation of a vehicle
- Employment information
Who do we disclose your personal information to?
For many of the purposes identified above, we will need to share your personal information with others in order to serve your needs. These other parties commonly include:
- Insurance companies
- Other insurance brokers or agents
- Credit organizations
- Professionals working with us such as adjusters or lawyers
- Financial institutions such as the organization that carries your mortgage
How do we protect your personal information?
In order to protect your personal information and right to privacy, we will:
- Not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any purpose other than those that we identify to you
- Keep your personal information only for as long as we need it to fulfill the stated purpose or as required by law
- Maintain your personal information in as accurate, complete and up-to-date a form as possible
- Safeguard your personal information to the best of our ability
- Respond to any request you may make to access or correct the personal information we hold about you
- Obtain the appropriate consent from you for the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information.
Your knowledge and consent of our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information is critical. We might ask you for your express consent in writing, for example in a signed consent or application form. We may ask for your express consent in person or over the telephone. We may determine that by seeking insurance through our organization, your consent has been implied for us to deal with your personal information in a reasonable and professional manner.
Subject to certain legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, you may withdraw this consent at any time however in some cases refusing to provide certain personal information or withdrawing consent for us to collect, use or disclose this information could mean that we cannot provide you with insurance coverage or other requested products, services or information.
Privacy Internet Communication
As the privacy of communication over the Internet cannot be guaranteed, we do not assume any responsibility for any harm, loss, or damage that might occur by the sending of personal and confidential information.
Our Privacy Officer may be contacted as follows:
Ideal Solutions Insurance Brokers Inc.
||101 Duncan Mill Rd, Suite 200, Toronto ON M3B 1Z3
Upon request, an individual will be informed of the existence, use, and disclosure of his or her personal information which is under our control, and may be given access to, and challenge the accuracy and completeness of that information.